…our aim is to provide a pleasant and safe environment for people to
enjoy trail riding. to achieve this we need the assistance of all members
and visitors by adhering to the code:
- Horses are the responsibility of their riders and are required to be
healthy,sound and under control at all times.
- Horse equipment is required to be in good repair at all times and fit
- When riding on roads, normal road rules apply – ride on the left hand
side and no alcohol is permitted on rides.
- All riders are obligated to consider the well being of other horses
- No cantering though the middle of the pack or passing at a speed that
may excite other horses.
- Maintain distances between horses to avoid injury from kicking.
- Riders are not to leave the ride without the knowledge of an official.
- The ride will not begin / continue until everyone is mounted.
- During the ride, keep the rider in front and behind you in sight at
- All gates are to be left as they are found.
- Respect private property
- For safety reasons no dogs are allowed on the rides.
Horse Ribbons to be shown when necessary:
|Red in tail – kicks
Red in mane – bites
Green in tail – green horse
Green on rider – green rider
Please enquire about taking stallions on our rides
White in tail – horse is for sale
- Riders must follow all reasonable instructions from trail bosses and
other nominated leaders on the day.
- First aid kits are carried on the ride for your safety and comfort.
- When riding on roads reflective vests will be worn by officials to
- Ride officials require everyone attending a ride to sign the ride
register before commencement.
Also check the Code of Conduct of Trail Riding Australia http://trailridingaustralia.com.au/tra-inc-code-of-conduct-ideals-newsletter/